AWS announced today an EC2 instance with direct access to hardware.
In the announcement, Jeff Barr said this is the result of unique client requests and the result is that “every AWS customer has access to whatever it is that we build, and everyone benefits”
The specific cases for this request are when the customer wants access to the physical resources so that apps can take advantage of low-level hardware features.
This is usually not supported or available in virtualized environments.
The specs of the hardware are as follows:
- 2 Intel Xeon E5-2686 v4 processors running at 2.3 GHz, with a total of 36 hyperthreaded cores (72 logical processors).
- 512 GiB Memory.
- 15.2 terabytes of storage, SSD-based NVMe.
- 25 Gbps of ENA-based enhanced networking.
Please follow the link for the complete announcement:
- Happy Thanksgiving. - November 24, 2022
- Synology Roadmap for 2023 And Beyond. What’s new. - October 27, 2022
- Ubiquiti Insider. What’s new in the UniFi Ubiquiti ecosystem: UniFi Network 7.2, UniFi Protect AI Theta, Building to Building Bridge. - August 18, 2022